Super Demon Attack
|Super Demon Attack|
Super Demon Attack Manual (Front Cover)
|Publisher(s)||Imagic Distributed by Texas Instruments (TI)|
|Original Retail Price||$39.95 (USD)|
|Format(s)||Solid State SoftwareTM Command Module|
|Release||1983 (3rd Quarter)|
|Genre(s)||Action, Shooter, Space|
Super Demon Attack is a TI-99/4A port of the Action, Space, Shooter video game made by Imagic, and released originally simply as Demon Attack for the Atari 2600. It was distributed by Texas Instruments (TI) via Solid State SoftwareTM Command Module as part#: PHM 3219. It was released in the 3rd quarter of 1983 and retailed for $39.95 (USD).
In Super Demon Attack, the player controls a laser cannon at the bottom of the play screen. Waves of demons bounce around the screen in strange patterns trying to shoot the player's laser cannon with bombs or lasers. Demons replicate after being shot, or in later levels, split into two smaller demons. After destroying the required number of demons on each wave, the player moves onto the next, more difficult wave.
Front Cover of Manual
Suicide patrollers and tentacled terrorists from the Demon Armada shower the moon with devastating weaponry. Annihilate them with our laser cannon. Then lift off and destroy the core of Pandemonium, flagship of the Demon Armada.
* The original version of Super Demon Attack for the TI-99/4A used the Solid State SpeechTM Synthesizer to give voice cues and comments, which, for unknown reasons, was later taken out of the game.  
- According to former Texas Instruments employee Bill Barneia, "Super" was added to the title of the TI-99/4A version of Demon Attack for Marketing reasons. It was believed that the term "Super" in the title would make the game appear to be a sequel to the original Atari 2600 version. This is supported by the fact that the title screen lacks "Super" in the title, simply displaying "Demon Attack." Secondly, a Texas Instruments product catalog shows a manual cover of the game labeled only as "Demon Attack" without the proceeding "Super," although it is unknown if any the cartridges with "Demon Attack" manuals actually were released to the public.  
- In a way, Super Demon Attack can be viewed as an improvement over the Atari 2600 version. Graphically, the TI-99/4A version is much improved. Some of the demons were made to look like Medusas, others like dragons and others like flying skulls with wings. The demons attack only in groups of two and behave very differently than in other versions of the game. Further, the cannon looks more like a vehicle than in other ports of the game, with visibly turning wheels on it as it moves. 
- The firing mechanism in the TI-99/4A version of Demon Attack was a little different than in other versions of the game. The player had to let go of the fire button after shooting in order to move the cannon again. Also, there is a cinematic interlude where the player's cannon takes off before facing the Dracula-like boss. 
Introducing Demon Attack
Evil creatures from the Demon Armada are attacking Earth's last outpost on the Moon. Only your Laser Cannon stands between them and their conquest of the Earth! Ward off successive waves of demons in order to approach Pandemonium, the demon base, and challenge the demon leader. Outmaneuver Suicide Patrollers flying from the Core of Pandemonium. A direct shot to the demon leader destroys Pandemonium-but not for long!
With Demon Attack, you
- Maneuver and fire the Laser Cannon
- Fight adversaries on two different battlefields
- Enjoy continuous play as you advance to higher levels in this one-player game
- Use Joystick Controllers or keyboard control
As commander of Earth's only defense, you fight a never-ending battle against attacking demons. Your mission is to destroy the demon powers. You score points as you destroy evil forces on two battlefields-the lunar surface and Pandemonium, the demon base. First, you must outmaneuver and destroy attacking demons as you defend the lunar base. Then, you journey to Pandemonium to confront the demon leader. Conquer the leader and return to the lunar surface where the battle intensifies. Watch the top of the screen to monitor your score and weapon supply during battle.
War on Lunar Base
As the game begins, you are defending Earth's last outpost against the demon forces sent from Pandemonium. Outmaneuver demon bombs and annihilate all of the invaders with the Laser Cannon before you face greater challenges on Pandemonium.
You battle 6 waves of demons that drop bombs to destroy the Laser Cannon.
- Attack in 6 waves of fiendish forces
- Invade in groups of 10
War on Demon Base
Once you reach Pandemonium, you encounter new challenges as you confront the demon leader. Move quickly to destroy Suicide Patrollers and direct your fire at the base leader.
Demon Base Enemies
Quick action and sure aim are necessary to defeat your new opponents. Your enemies are
- Suicide Patrollers that defend the demon base by colliding with the Laser Cannon
- Roving Eye that shields the demon leader and tracks the Laser Cannon
- Demon leader who fires at the Laser Cannon